Hello everyone, sharing with you the latest Candian Home Sales figures for August 2014.
So, how do our North Vancouver micro markets compare? While the overall Canadian market sits in balanced territory, sales of our single family detached homes sit firmly in a Seller's market - at 37.6% of listed homes selling. We've been performing this way for all of 2014, and there is every indication this isn't going to change this fall. With active listing inventory below last year, now is a great time to sell a house on the North Shore.
(For reference a balanced market is 15%-20% of active listings selling, a Seller's >20%, and a buyer's market <15%)
Here are some of the Canadian highlights:
Canadian home sales climb higher in August
Ottawa, ON, September 15, 2014- According to statistics released today by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA), national home sales activity rose nearly two per cent from July to August 2014.
- National home sales rose 1.8% from July to August.
- Actual (not seasonally adjusted) activity stood 2.1% above August 2013 levels.
- The number of newly listed homes fell 1.2% from July to August.
- The Canadian housing market remains in balanced territory.
- The MLS® Home Price Index (HPI) rose 5.3% year-over-year in August.
- The national average sale price also rose 5.3% on a year-over-year basis in August.
The number of home sales processed through the MLS® Systems of Canadian real estate
Click here for the full recap: Canadian Home Sales August 2014
Of course... if you have any question about the market, or how can you capitilze on the current trends, I'd love to help you.