As part of my promise to keep you informed, here is the latest sales and listing report from The Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver.
Highlights from the first month of 2014:
- Home sale and listing totals outpace historical averages in the Greater Vancouver housing market.
- January 2014 saw a 30.3% increase in property sales compared to January 2013
- January 2014 sales were 7.2% above the 10-year sales average for the month.
- The Greater Vancouver housing market has been in a balanced market for nearly a year. This has meant steady home sale and listing activity accompanied by stable home prices.
- Last month’s new listing count was 17.7% higher than the region’s 10-year new listing average for the month.
- The MLS® Home Price Index composite benchmark price for all residential properties in Metro Vancouver is currently $606,800. This represents a 3.2% increase compared to January 2013.
If you have any question on how the real estate market is performing, or about how you can capitalize on current residential listing activity or sales in your micro market, do not hesitate to call me. 604.644.3634
Best regards! Go Canada Go!