The April 2015 Metro Vancouver Housing #'s are here! Home buyer demand is outpacing supply across the Metro Vancouver housing market, and we are seeing seller's markets across the board for both detached and attached housing in our 8 cities. This demand is putting upward pressure on prices, especially in the detached home market. If you were considering a change in lifestyle and wanting to sell your home, now is a great time to do it!
Here are the hightlights
- We saw a 37% increase in residential property sales in April 2015 compared to April 2014
- April 2015's sales were 29.3% above the 10-year sales average for the month
- The sales-to-active-listings ratio was 33.6% for Metro Vancouver, the highest ratio since June 2007
- Sales of detached properties in April 2015 were 35.9% higher than April 2014 and 70.6% higher than April 2013
- Sales of apartment properties in April 2015 were 34.7% higher than April 2014 and 50.1% higher than April 2013
- Sales of attached properties in April 2015 were 44.8% higher than April 2014 and 53.6% higher than April 2013
Click here for your full report: REBGV Metro Vancouver April 2015 Residential Sales
If you have any question on how to captialize on the current trends in your micro market, don't hesitate to give us a call! 604.644.3634
With todays market conditions, now is the time to make a move!
Dodi and Rachael
*Areas covered in the Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver's report include: Whistler, Sunshine Coas, Squamish, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, Port Moody, Port Coquitlam, Coquitlam, New Westminster, Pitt Meadows, Maple Ridge, and South Delta